Workshop on Completing Systematic Review
- June 3 – 7, 2019
- 9:00 AM to 5:00 pm
- IRB Room, CMC Bagayam Campus
- 91 416 2284499
To provide protected time and resource persons to facilitate
- Completion of systematic reviews- for authors who already have accepted or published protocols for Cochrane or non-Cochrane systematic reviews
- Updating Cochrane Systematic Reviews- for authors who are in the process of updating previously published systematic reviews with new search results.
Who may attend?
- Authors who have protocols for their of Cochrane systematic review accepted for publication by the relevant Cochrane Review Group or published in The Cochrane Library.
- Authors who have published protocols for their non-Cochrane systematic reviews
- Authors have received the search results and obtained relevant PDF or hard copies of the studies for inclusionfor the review.
- Authors who wish to update their Cochrane Systematic Reviews
Who need not apply to attend?
- People who do not satisfy the above criteria
- Those who wish to know more about Evidence-Based Healthcare and systematic reviews may attend our workshop on ‘Introduction to Evidence-Informed Healthcare (see https://southasia.cochrane.org for details as they become available).
- Those who wish to start on a systematic review may attend out Protocol Development workshop.
Duration: 5 days, Jun 3 – 7, 2019, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Cost: Cost: INR 9000/- (Inclusive of GST) per person for healthcare professionals from educational and healthcare institutes.
INR 15000/- (Inclusive of GST) per person for industry sponsored participants.
Payments can be made via NEFT Transfer Click here for details
Registration Click here
After filling in the online registration form, please send your Demand Drafts in favor of “CMC Vellore Association” , payable at Vellore, to the following address:
Cochrane South Asia
Carman Block, Christian Medical College,
Bagayam, Vellore 632 002
Tamil Nadu, India.
Tel: 0416 2284499/4504
* Participants from CMC: Please transfer the registration fees to the Cochrane South Asia account number 22P145 and forward the copy of the letter sent to the Treasuer to email@example.com
Course faculty: Prof. Prathap Tharyan, Prof. Thambu David, Richard Kirubakaran, Jabez Paul Barnabas
During the workshop
- Lunch and refreshments would be provided on all days.
- The registration charges do not cover travel and stay arrangements, which would be the individual responsibility of the participants. Please see the following section on accommodation in external guest houses that are near the workshop venue.
- Please bring your own laptops for hands-on practice on all days. Convenient charging points would be available. Laptops with 10-11 inch screen-size are NOT ideal for convenient handling of these software, though they do work; bigger screen sizes would be preferable.
- Arrangements would be in place to provide wireless internet access at the workshop venue (password protected access- permits only one device per person). Connecitivity might not be dependable at all times. Participants are encouraged to bring personal modems/dongles for internet connectivity.
- For transport assitance from the nearby Railway Station (Katpadi) or the Nearest Airport (Chennai) please email EJ Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are the suggested options for accommodation close to the workshop venue. Participants are requested to directly cotact these guest houses for further information and booking as per availability.1.
Anand Bhavan : This is a private guest house, about 5 minutes’ walk from the workshop venue. For booking enquiries, please contact Ms Desmond @ +919894065469 or via email at email@example.com. Based on room availability, you might be required to make advance payment of the booking charges (INR 500 Per day) to Ms. Desmond’s Bank account.
Hotel Tharun: This is a private guest house, about 5 minutes’ walk from the workshop venue. For booking enquiries, please contact @ +91-94431 16232 or +91-7200076232 or +91-416-2266232
Other hotels @ Vellore
|Darling Residency – 4 km from venue||http://darlingresidency.com/|
|Hotel Surabhi International – 4 km from venue||http://www.hotelsurabi.com/|
|Baby Residency – 4 km from venue||http://babyresidency.com/|
|Hotel Palm tree – 6 km from venue||http://www.cleartrip.com/hotels/info/hotel-palm-tree-297440|
|Hotel GRT Sameera – 10 km from venue||https://www.grthotels.com/vellore|