Workshop on Literature Searching and Reference Management Using Zotero/Endnote
- December 9 – 11, 2019
- 9:00 AM to 5:00 pm
- IRB Room, CMC Bagayam Campus
- 91 416 2284499
Literature searching training: a systematic approach is a 3-day workshop that will introduce you to methods for developing systematic searches that will allow you to retrieve relevant information to inform your systematic review, health technology appraisal, guideline or project.
Our course will teach you how to retrieve relevant published medical literature for your project whilst keeping the number of retrieved articles manageable and show you a sound methodological, reproducible approach.
Delivering this workshop will be Information Specialist from the Prof BV Moses Centre for Evidence Informed Healthcare and Health Policy (BVMC), Christian Medical College, which hosts the Cochrane South Asia Centre who have extensive experience in literature searching and finding evidence to inform guidelines and systematic reviews.
There will be presentations, demonstrations, practical exercises and an accompanying workbook which will also contain extra useful resources. There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions and you are encouraged to send suggestions in advance for discussion.
What you will learn.
This workshop will cover how to:
- translate your question in to a search
- select appropriate resources
- search databases
- use reference management software
- adapt/update searches
By the end of the workshop, the participants should be able to:
- run reproducible and transparent searches for identifying evidence to answer a specific question
- record results and strategies for a review, guideline or technology appraisal
- demonstrate and explain the search approach to end users and project sponsors
Who should apply?
This workshop is suitable for all healthcare professionals (multidisciplinary) and specialties, information professionals and anyone who requires this skill in their role.
Venue: IRB Meeting Room, Christian Medical College, Bagayam,Vellore
Duration: 3 days, Dec 9th – 11th, 2019, Monday to Wednesday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Cost: INR 5000/- (Inclusive of GST) per person for healthcare professionals from educational and healthcare institutes.
INR 10,000/- (Inclusive of GST) per person for industry sponsored participants.
Registration Click here
Payments can be made via NEFT Transfer Click here for details
Cancellation charges : In case of cancellation of registration, 25% of administrative charges will be deducted and the remaining alone will be refunded.
While filling the online registration form, please submit the details of your NEFT transaction number. NEFT Detailed pdf is attached with the registration form
* Participants from CMC: Please transfer the registration fees to the account number 22P145 and forward the copy of the letter sent to the Treasuer to email@example.com
Course faculty : Jabez Paul Barnabas, Information Specialist, BVMC.
· Installation of the following software in your personal laptops would be useful during hands-on exercises :
o Zotero Standalone (for Google Chrome, or any browser of your choice) + browser extensions
o Signing up in advance with the pubmed and the Cochrane library.com
During the workshop
· Lunch and refreshments would be provided on all days.
· The registration charges do not cover travel and stay arrangements, which would be the individual responsibility of the participants. Please see the following section on accommodation in external guest houses that are near the workshop venue.
· Please bring your own laptops for hands-on practice on all days. Convenient charging points would be available. Laptops with 10-11 inch screen-size are NOT ideal for convenient handling of these software, though they do work; bigger screen sizes would be preferable.
· Arrangements would be in place to provide wireless internet access at the workshop venue (password protected access- permits only one device per person). Connecitivity might not be dependable at all times. Participants are encouraged to bring personal modems/dongles for internet connectivity.
· For transport assitance from the nearby Railway Station (Katpadi) or the Nearest Airport (Chennai) please email EJ Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org